Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

The British hostess of the show I am watching told a young lady that if she could conquer sky diving then telling her crush how she feels about him would be "Easy peasy lemon squeezy." I love a good catch phrase and was instantly intrigued. This is one I have not heard. After some searching and researching online the best I can conclude is that "Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy" was used in the lemon squeezy detergent ads in the UK in the 1970s. I began to recall other catch phrases from advertisements. Remember “Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful.” (Pantene shampoo?) Or, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing." (Alka-Seltzer). You gotta love "Where's the beef?' (Wendy's)



And "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV." (Excedrin).  I have cried out once or twice "Calgon take me away!" and asked "Can you hear me now?"  I have also exclaimed "Sorry Charlie!" and "Leggo my Eggo!"

Last but not least, one of my favorite's from way back is "He likes it! Hey Mikey!" (Life cereal)


No comments:

Post a Comment