Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Life is a Beach

A few weeks ago I visited the Sunshine State for the first time.  We had a wonderful time. 
My favorite part of the trip was going to the beach.  We visited three beaches, each one delightful
and different.

       




Anna Maria Beach was my favorite.  This was my first encounter with the beach ever, and it was invigorous. The sand was soft and white.  The water was warm and tranquil.  It was clear and
little fishes swam around my feet. My granddaughters and I collected various seashells. Shore birds
were eager for a treat and plucked potato chips from our fingers.  A couple of  brave souls, and I was one, even placed a chip atop our head and the birds snatched it right up.  









Daytona Beach was delightful.  The water was crisp and cold.  I walked along the ocean in sand that was darker and even orange looking in spots.  We walked out into the ocean and although the water was shallow the waves were forceful. 


                 




Cocoa Beach is on Florida's Space Coast.  The sand was kind of a light gray-brown.  The water was refreshing.  We swam near the shore in waves that were tame while surfers and their boards were out further in the ocean.  Waves were breaking into foamy white water.  Little sand crabs popped in and out
of their holes and I walked along the soft hot sand picking up seashells.




No comments:

Post a Comment