Friday, July 23, 2010

Temptation

I stopped at the supermarket on my way home from work today.  Grabbed a cart and sauntered through the isles.  I picked up some items I needed and some things just because they were on sale.  White peaches were 98 cents per pound.  Never heard of white peaches so I slipped a few into my cart.  Once I found everything I wanted I headed to the checkout.  The young girl working as the clerk scanned the items and
informed me of the grand total.  I swiped my debit card in the little machine and waited for instructions.  My PIN number first then the question, "Do you want cash back."  It seemed like a good idea so I selected
$20 back.  I finished  pushing all the buttons and then temptation hit.  The clerk handed me two twenty dollar bills while saying "And twenty dollars is your change."  Bonus!  Twenty extra dollars!  Then I thought maybe I hit $40 by mistake...........yea right.  I looked at my receipt and it clearly showed $20 change. 
I paused and then asked the clerk if she should have given me 2 twenties.  Of course she said no.  I smiled and handed one of them back to her.  She thanked me and I headed out the door.  I felt good because I had done the right thing and avoided temptation.  I laughed as I drove home wishing I would have been so strong when tempted to buy those Oreos! 



No comments:

Post a Comment