Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Gentle Rain

As I sit in my office tonight I can hear the sound of the rain gently falling outside.  Looking out my window I see occasional flashes of lightning.  Flickers of light revealing the yard for just a second or two before the cloak of darkness returns.  Droplets of water sparkle as they splash and dance on the solar lights.  The house is quiet except for the sound of the rain, and the periodic snorts and shifting noises coming from my two napping dachshunds.  Tonight my soul is quiet as well.  No berating myself about failures or issues I have yet to overcome.  Faint whispers of worriment and uncertainty come now and then, but I manage to keep them at bay.  I do have some goals that I would like to accomplish this week, and I am contemplating starting a new craft project, but tonight I am just focusing on the rain.  Just focus on the rain...  


1 comment: