Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Feeling Froggy

Facing an uncertain situation is tough.  I kind of feel like "Frogger" trying desperately to get back to my lily pad where my world is comfortable and familiar.  How do I navigate through this?   Do I try to force a resolution?  Attempt to swiftly maneuver across the highway and hope to succeed without being trampled? Frantically dodge in and out of obstacles coming from every direction?   If I move slowly and with caution I might make a miscalculation and be smacked by an unforeseen speeding truck.
How will I cross this perilous river?  Will I be able to land on a floating log that will help carry me to safety, or will I jump into the mouth of a crocodile who will devour me?  Riding it out on the back of a turtle may seem to be advantageous, but what if he suddenly vanishes and leaves me sinking?  What if I safely reach the riverbank only to be bitten by a snake?  The simple truth of the matter is that I can attempt to influence others by gentle persuasion, but in the end all I can really do is control my actions and reactions.



No comments:

Post a Comment